Bea goes to India 2006

A place to house periodic comments from Bea while she backpacks her way through India and Nepal.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

So just what am I doing?



Almost a year ago now, I decided to go to India. And after looking for a tour that suited me for a couple of months, I found a program out of the UK called VentureCo that offers Career Gap experiences. Four months combined service and cultural exploration.

Starting 3 February, 2006, here is a rough idea of what I will be doing by week:

1: Cultural Orientation Delhi, Agra, Taj Mahal
2: Aid Project Rajasthan Vishnois Village project
3: Aid Project Rajasthan Vishnois Village Project
4: Aid Project Rajasthan Vishnois Village Project
5: Aid Project Rajasthan Vishnois Village Project
6: Expedition IndiaThar Desert Camel Trek, Delhi and Rishikesh
7: Cultural Orientation Rishikesh, yoga, ashrams and mountains
8: Expedition India Bandhavgargh tiger reserve and the Ganges at Varanasi
9: Expedition India Darjeeling Trek
10: Expedition India Darjeeling Trek
11: Expedition India/Nepal Darjeeling and overland to Kathmandu
12: Expedition Nepal Mountain Biking and whitewater rafting
13: Expedition Nepal Rafting and Chitwan National Park
14: Expedition Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek
15: Expedition Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek
16: Expedition Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek Journey's End

I don't promise to write regularly or often while I am away, and I don't guarantee my grammar or sanity will be intact, but you are welcome to stop by here and check on my adventures.

:) b